Bunch o' Beasley Business

Beasley Family

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Estes Park

We went to Cheyenne, WY today, just cause we could. This ram was on the side of the road as we left the mountain region. Very cool.
There are these type of boots all over Cheyenne. Kinda like the cows were in SA.

This was a monument in front of the state capital that paid honor to the fact that WY was the first state to recognize equal rights for women.

Mike and the kids in front of the capital. It was closed. It reminded us of a small town courthouse. There is an elementary school directly across the street and houses along the back side. Very, very low key. We thought the pace was slow in Estes Park, but it was really slow in Cheyenne!



Largest outdoor rodeo arena in the world.





1 comment:

Emily and Henry Owen said...

Hi Beasleys! I was in Estes at the YMCA of the Rockies for a new pastors conference. Henry and I worked in Allenspark which is about ten miles south of Estes on Hwy 7. There is a fantastic restaurant there that is open for breakfast and lunch called Meadow Mountain Cafe. It is delicious...but they only take cash or check. It is very close to the camp we worked at. I have two favorite things about Estes - there is a great candy shop that makes caramel popcorn and homemade ice cream that is fantastic. We used to go there on breaks from camp for a special treat. I can't remember that name, but I want to say it was a woman's name. I also love a book store there on the main street. Again...I can't remember the name, but it has that old feel and friendly people. Then of course, I loved hiking. There is another great hike called Lily Lake that is beautiful. It is out Hwy 7 as well. I'm actually not sure what it looks like frozen, but I loved that hike in the summer...it is easy and definitely doable with kids...like Bear Lake. I hope you all have fun.