She wrote this poem in about 30 minutes on Thursday night. Thought it was insightful so I wanted to share it.
Anna Claire Beasley
Rdg. 6b- 7 period
January 23, 2009My Room
My room.
My safe place to get away.
A sanctuary of silence and peace.
My yellow walls from when I was a child,
Now occupied with posters from me today.
My fort.
My secure fortress in the battle of life.
A place to let it all out and be myself.
Where my army of dreams and I fight reality.
My study.
A quiet, calm place to journal and write.
My desk filled with books I cannot seem to give up.
Drawings and homework find themselves cluttered here.
Myself.
Blaring music,
A messy bed, and everything unkept.
Pictures from long ago posted on my billboard,
Reminding me of times I do not forget.
My violin perched casually next to my desk,
An instrument I use to express myself.
My world
A place where my books and dreams come alive,
Each night my dreams and fantasies become real,
My room.
Bunch o' Beasley Business
Beasley Family
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's really cool! I hope she had a good birthday. :) I hope that someday the girls and Joe can all come visit up here.
AWESOME AC! I love it. I am amazed...you definitely have a future in writing. Your love for reading really shows! Good job!!!
Post a Comment